Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gracia Having Tantrum

Since Lina started work, I get more chances to be really up close and personal with Gracia. And I am starting to experience her tantrum first hand. It sort of worried me and I am quite confused how to handle her. It all started yesterday, when I brought her out with me to work, I thought the journey was short and she might be happy to be out. In deed she was quite happy at first, and she sat quietly in the baby car seat for at least 20 mins. Soon after that, most probably she got bored and wanted to get out of her seat and started making sound. I told her “No” but she won’t listen. She just screamed and cried her lung out and wanted me to release her from her seat. Eventually, I surrendered and brought her out for a while.




When I tried to put her back again on the car seats, guess what? Little Gracia suddenly become a snake. She just twisted and turned her body and resisted so forcefully like a phantom just to avoid getting back into the seat. I ended up bringing her out again and thought of getting something as a negotiation tool to coax her back to her seat. But my idea turned into smoke when she refused to let me bride her with anything at all, and there's no other way i could possibly persuade her back to her seat again.

I have no choice and I did the unpredictable. Put her on my laps and drive, risking being caught by TP and risking both our safety. How I managed to drive her back I leave it all for your imagination.

I just wanna say that, she has grown up. She knows what she wants and she will do whatever it takes to get it> TANTRUM

I used to thought i should be able to handle tantrum steadily, but i guess i have underestimated the intensity and it prowess.It's time I should prepare myself and start reading how to cope tantrum now and brush up my knowledge of it.

No comments: