Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Knock out by html



Since i started blogging. I had try editing, adding and experimenting with the html code from my blogspot template. Somebody recently told me they were so dumb they didn't even know what "html" meant. There are a couple of things I think are wrong with that sentiment. Firstly, dumb means unable to speak, though I think he meant lacking intelligence. To my way of thinking, lacking speech doesn't imply lacking brainpower any more than blindness does! Secondly, lacking the knowledge of any particular thing doesn't imply a lack of brainpower. In Tibet, there are little children who know what bird and rice is called in Tibetant. If you don't, you shouldn't feel bad — I bet they don't know what it's called in English! All this having been said, there are still those who feel the need to know what certain Web related things mean, like myself.

So far, i have learn to add songs, images, links, which is the basic of html and haven't experience much problem. The biggest obstical i had over come was adding a third column into my template, at present all blogspot templates are two column templates. It has a main posts column and a sidebar at the right or left for your Profile and Archives and other widgets you wish to add. I took quite a while to figure it out how to add the third one. But i am glad i had persisted and my perseverence paid off. Recently i had added images on both my side column and relised that it will not extent to the bottom and will only dangle have way.
These column are however of unequal height. The height of the column depends on it's content. If you add more content to the sidebar it increases in length and then you have to add more posts so that the Main Column has a matching height.

So i manage to find templates from different source that are available with faux columns to give an impression of equal height. I downloadad the XML template, uploaded it again to my gangsterdad's template and hope for the best.
I was shocked to see all the layout, widget and gadget gone. I quickly uplaoded my original template which i had backed up in case of such an event, but to my horror, all the gadget and widget are still lost and is no where to be seen on my blog. I was very upset because they were my sweat and perspiration, i had endured sands of hours to construct them brick by brick. But i am not going to give up, and i have learn a lesson, that you cannot save all of your template but only the based and some layout of your template, your widget and gadget will all be lost.



HTML = HyperText Markup Language

1 comment:

Lina said...

My dear I am happy Gracia have a daddy like you to seek for advise when she's knocked out by html. Enjoy ur html adventure ok? Love.. your wife.