Friday, December 25, 2009

SNOWING CHRISTMAS???

Lately, facing some personal life change, I hadn't given hope of a happier day ahead much thought. I'd driven my taxi around island wide and even ventured into the TUAS south Quarter which is at the end of TUAS since started work last weeks, and my travels to the city's heart were not for pleasure. A few time I do not know exactly the way to my passenger destination, I was been criticized.

People crossed the street, laughing, talking, sometimes shimmying gleefully, carrying their shopping bags like a Christmas tree decoration to a Human's body. I sometime had trouble steering the car around because of all the traffic. I looked to my right and some white color form fall from Tangling Road, a holiday display that features fake snow for a white Christmas this season...

Under the spectacle's light-laden canopy teemed children, parents, and probably holiday tourists, they all look so happy and excited enjoying the snow, though everyone know it's fake... (Pirated Snow)! Quite a contrast of what is going on with our family. My baby Gracia had a flu last week and it passes the virus to me and then my wife... while we are all sick, I still continue to drive and my poor wife have to look after Gracia alone and we became a extremely tired family...

About this time in my life, middle age, I need to gulp santa's soul, the courage to go against the flow of the mundane while keeping the celebratory rhythm of humanity, to bop and dip like the Rebirth Brass Band. I need the power to stand as my unique self with heart brave enough to embrace every ordeal and blessing. A blend of Rudolph the reindeer and Christmas spirit perhaps?

So, tonight I took my camera like it was a talisman against dark moods, brought my beloved wife and daughter to Tangling Mall. And this is what I saw.

PHOTO BELOW: THIS IS WHEN THE FAKE SNOW JUST CAME OUT AND EVEVRYONE STARTED SHOUTING WITH EXCITEMENT.


PHOTO BELOW: LINA AND GRACIA LOOKING AT THE FAKE SNOW.


PHOTO BELOW: THOUGH PICTURE IS NOT SHARP AND IT'S A BIT BLUR, BUT IT'S THE ONLY PHOTO I TOOK WITH GRACIA THAT NIGHT.



Not spectacular photo. Nevertheless, I had the feeling that the cosmos worked with me. I didn't know what Christmas entertainment on Orchard Street offered for the evening, but when I saw gleams of shining smiles on Gracia's face, I knew I'd come on the right night.


PHOTO LEFT: GRACIA IS ENJOYING THE FAKE SNOW.








So, it was not the fake snow or the carefully styled Christmas decor that called to me from Tangling Mall as I passed it in my taxi. It was signs of joyous celebration, the hope that I might catch its Christmas spirit and spring back to life in my own spontaneous personality.




Oh... I wonder if the publishers for Young Parent will consider one of my photo on their magazine cover... anyone?

No comments: