Friday, June 6, 2008

About My Grammar And Spelling.

Many people like to read, but few really enjoy writing. That's probably because most of our writing experiences have centered around undesirable projects, such as research, essay and many school works. And unlike reading books, there's no such thing as "skimming" your writing. You can skip a few pages or chapters if you like, but for writing, there's no shortcut.

Another reason i feel why ppl are reluctant to write is that they're afraid someone else is going to read it and then judge their writing. Maybe they can't get past the idea that someone's going to "grade" their spelling and grammar, and their afraid they will be criticize or worst being laugh at. So they rarely write and miss out on one of the greatest forms of communication and self-expression.

But even so, nobody is going to stop me from writing. Consider i never had proper training and education, for your record, i only had a certificate equivalent to PSLE standards and is taken privately at a night school. Not only did i mess around with my academic results, i have a history as a hooligan or a 'AH BENG' in singlish term. So for a ex-AB like me to even starts writing, i am already proud of myself for coming this far regardless of how many spelling and grammar mistake I'd made altogether.

When i write, i am expressing my thought thru words. Sometimes i feel that i can reveal more about myself thru writing than talking. Writing allow me to choose my words more carefully and forces me to think more deeply. I do not want to be the next novelist or even thinking that my blog, my journal or anything of my writing will get published.(although i wish i can)

I just want to write down all my feelings, good and bad, happy or sad. Write down the detail of my life and those of my love one's. Never mind if there're mistake all around my spelling and grammar as long as my words and statement get across to the receiver and myself. Whenever i read back all the entries i'd writen, i am already amazed by the result. I also believe that my child or children will enjoy reading every piece of my work and will be glad that daddy did not stop writing because of the flaws i made and will continue to make as long as i write.

Thanks to all the good heart reader that gives me honest comments and i am really very very glad from the bottom of my heart, I will try my best to improve my grammar so that i can write better and proper English as a good example for my children also.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry ok.
You are writing very well now.. You are not submitting a writing for thesis.. so do not need perfect English. Continue writing ok! I still enjoy reading your blog entries.. :-)

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add... hee
Picture tells a thousand words. Your pictures were all very well taken

Unknown said...

Yo Juan, thanks for your encouragement. Like i mentioned, i'll continue to write despite my 's', my 'ed' and my 'is,are,has,had' ect ect....
In fact, i am starting to really enjoy this whole thing, blogging and taking picture for memories sake. Thanks!!!

anglo1paul said...

My dear.. I remembered during our primary school days how our teachers would mark our compo based on content, grammar and spelling. I would usually score lesser marks for content than grammar n spelling. Honestly if I were to blog, I wouldnt hv written as well as u did. We need more ppl like you to produce pieces of creative writings. I am more than happy that Gracia hv a dad who can write like this. Jia you!! Luv, ur wife...