Friday, July 25, 2008

Kallang Leisure Park

Last Sunday my in-law called us to join them cycling at East Coast Park but was canceled when it suddenly rain. We ended up at Kallang Leisure Park and discovered it has change a lot since my last visit. It’s the first time my wife has been there though. Anyway, the location there may still seems isolated but the added shops are a far cry from its previous construction. There used to be a night club there which I used to go during my clubbing days, it’s no where to be seen now and most of the activities and shops are more family oriented presently.



Images: Gracia saw this merry-go-round near the entrance and like usual, she was very excited about it.




Lina saw this donut shop and can't resist herself. She ended up buying two donuts, one for herself and the other one for me.



Note:Breast feeding is really energy consuming. your baby suck away all your fats and you get hungry very easily.



Image:Gracia looking at mummy's donut. What was she thinking.


Image:This door was from a renovated shop at 2nd level, i took a shot because i thought the light coming out has a good contrast.

There's nothing much else to share except the ice skating ring, which I think, originated there and is the longest standing pioneer in KLP. We then proceeded to level 3 and saw a gallery selling old fashion stuff and furniture, mostly materials from the 60s or 70s. I had some memories coming back when I go thru some of it collection.





Image: An old wooden piano i used to play too.



Image:This water bottle are usually used to store coffee, i remember seeing them beside the mahjong table whenever they played the game.


Image: This is a familar doll to me.



Image: These old basket made of cane are really tough.



Image: I think this clock is one of the popular and common sight in the 70s household.



Image:A model car in the 70s.



Image:A 70s advertisment, it seems that coca cola are already very popular long time ago.




Image:Should be some famous celebrities during my mother's era. Anyone know them?


By the time I took this picture, the owner of these properties seems to notice me and started to keep his eyes targeted at me. I supposed he don't like his precious collection to be of other possession for free, even if it's just images. There were actually more good stuffs further down the alley I wanted to take picture, but I was afraid the owner would come ask for my camera and request to delete all those I had already taken. So I decided not to risk it and made a U-turn before he could stop me.

Anyway, my mum will be going to China and Hong Kong till 6th of August. So I will take up her commitment helping to look after Gracia when she wasn’t around. During this period, I guess I wouldn’t have any free time posting entries.

Will resume and share my pictures and stories when my mother is back.

No comments: