Friday, June 5, 2009

Gracia is two!

My little Gracia is two!



I’m happy that she constantly challenges herself to do better, get bigger, and learn more. I am happy she's growing physically and emotionally healthy. But I am sad that childhood is fleeting, and I’m sad that she won’t understand just how short it is until it’s too late. I’m sad because it feels like she was a teeny infant last week, and she turns two years old today. I’m sad that the days go by too quickly no matter how much I treasure each one.

I am proud of the person she is. She’s crazy smart and kind and sweet and sensitive. She loves to sing and color and dance. She sings the ABCs and counts 1-2-3 and more. She’s enthusiastic and affectionate and tenacious and curious.

I’m not so proud when she throw her tantrum on public and colors on my walls. I’m also not so proud that she do not want to share her seat with other inside my van(but she's learning to share).

I adore that she is daddy’s little girl and that she wants me to hold her, love her, soothe her, and protect her. (I like to ask her: "who will protect you?" And is joy to hear her reply: "Daddy protect me".) I adore that she copies everything I do and everything I say. I adore that she offers me a sip of her drink and a bite of her food, and always say hello to our neighbour. I adore that she paint the color of her world for me in the same way I’ve always paint mine for her.

I detest her decaying tooth and her involuntary to brush her teeth. But I love how her soft silky hair that has always made my photograph on her look so pro.

We(me and my wife) can't think of anything else in this world that I love to see more than her little grin and her sparkling eyes, nothing I love to feel more than her little fingers wrapper around mine, and no sound sweeter to my ears than her raucous laughter.


Happy Birthday, Little Gracia! We are happy to see you grow but so is the pain to know one day we have to let you go.... You'll always have a special place in daddy's and mummy's heart till the end of heaven.


No comments: